Jun 11, 2011

Trains, boats and a UFO

An extra long weekend got me in a holiday mood...
First I visited the Boijmans museum in Rotterdam. In the middle of the exhibition was an UFO...It's actually a mobile holiday home from the 60's made by Matti Suuronen. (more info here)



After visiting the museum and no shopping at all (wow!) I got back on my bike and was right on time for the Fast Ferry home. It was kind of busy on the river with police and port-of-rotterdam boats (or is it 'ships'?). Turned out to be a ship launching! Cool! I had visions of big waves and splashes ;)
I made a lot of pictures and totally forgot that my camera has a videobutton on it... stupid!









At the same time there was a little event called Summersteam. I felt a little out of place: not of the right age (very young or very old) and being female...



Boys and their toys...sigh;)

No comments:

Post a Comment